The government believes that the Pupil Premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address inequalities among young people and their families which put some students at risk of educational disadvantage. Schools are at liberty to decide how best to use this Pupil Premium money for the benefit of students who need it most.
We aim to use the Pupil Premium funding to support us in our aim to ensure that every student has an equal opportunity to succeed. We will do this by:
- Maximising student academic success;
- Ensuring the best possible learning experiences for all of our students;
- Supporting students’ well-being and behaviour;
- Ensuring equality of access to the curriculum and enrichment opportunities;
- Supporting parents of students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of our pupils.
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups.
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals (FSM) or who belong to military families will be socially disadvantaged.
- Pupil Premium funding will be allocated following a needs analysis which will identify priority classes, groups or individuals. This means that not all children receiving Pupil Premium funding will be in receipt of pupil premium interventions at any one time.
The documents below show how Wyvern College spends its Pupil Premium grant and how successful we believe our interventions have been at ‘closing the gap’ for those students thought to be at an educational disadvantage.
Current Pupil Premium Funding Information, Reviews and Strategies
Historical Pupil Premium Funding Information, Reviews and Strategies
If you would like to find out more about Pupil Premium funding in general please visit the Department for Education’s website here. If you would like to find out more information about Pupil Premium funding at Wyvern College please contact Mr Bruce Burley, Deputy Headteacher at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe your child may be entitled to Pupil Premium funding or you wish to know whether he is eligible please contact Mrs L Lennard, Student Officer at email@example.com