- Students may wear a watch, a cross or St Christopher on a fine chain (or another religious symbol), and one pair of small studs for pierced ears – in lobes only
- Nose studs, eyebrow studs, tongue studs, studs in the top of the ear or any other facial or body piercing jewellery are not allowed. Plastic retainers are also prohibited. All such body jewellery must be removed; covering them with plasters is not acceptable
- No rings are permitted
Careful consideration should be given to the timing of getting piercings due to the fact that plastic retainers are prohibited.
- Long hair should be tied back for health and safety reasons in practical lessons
- No extremes of hair style or fashion are acceptable, nor cutting below a number 2 grade
- If hair is dyed, it must be dyed a natural hair colour
- The discreet use of make-up is allowed in Years 10 and 11 (no coloured eyeshadow or lipstick/gloss, no heavy eyeliner or eyebrow makeup)
- The wearing of coloured nail varnish or acrylic nails is not allowed
Baseball caps, hats and hoods are not allowed and must be removed upon entry indoor spaces.
The School cannot accept any liability for clothing and possessions, including mobile telephones and other electronic devices, including occasions where they are stowed in lockers or locked rooms. The schools will only accept responsibility for items where it has agreed to do so, such as if items are handed into the PE staff for safekeeping during the lesson. Please make sure all uniform and PE kit is labelled clearly.
Lost property is handed to reception where we will make every effort to reunite it with its owner.