Please click on the link below to access the History Curriculum at Wyvern College.
Key Stage Four
Year 10 follow the Edexcel History specification (found here) studying the following topics (in this order):
- Medicine in Britain, c1250-present and The British sector of the Western Front, 1914–18: injuries, treatment and the trenches.
- Early Elizabethan England, 1558–88.
- British America, 1713–83: empire and revolution
- Weimar and Nazi Germany, 1918–39
Year 11 follow the AQA specification (found here) studying the following topics:
- Germany 1890 – 1945 Democracy and dictatorship, and Conflict and tension in Asia, 1950-1975.
- Britain: Migration, empires and the people and Elizabethan England, c1568-1603
If you wish to know more about the history curriculum please contact the head of the history department, Miss Bryony Hutchings at firstname.lastname@example.org.