- Over the last four years, the results for Year 11 have improved significantly year on year.
- Strong improvements in standards have been achieved by the vision of the headteacher and the good support from key leaders.
- Teaching is good, with some that is outstanding. Strengths included teachers’ subject knowledge and the variety of activities in lessons.
- Students’ progress is checked very regularly. Students who are not making the progress they should get help quickly.
- Students are positive about the high expectations the school has of them. As a result, many now aspire to achieve well both at school and in further education or training.
- Students feel safe in school, are generally respectful of staff and respond well to instructions.
- Governors understand the strengths and weaker areas of the school’s work. They challenge and support well.